Thursday, September 17, 2009

Amor d' Thanatus

Courting Death

Loving you is illegal.

For you steal my breath away

Make me lie even to myself

Crush my ideals in a snap

Inspite of which, I couldn’t stop!

Loving you is unhealthy.

You turn my knees to jelly

Crush my dispositions to mush

Fill my dreams with creamfilled longings

When can I stop such sinful cravings?

Loving you is lethal.

You pierce my conscience like nobody can

Twist a knife deep in my emotions

Puts a bullet through my foolproof confidence

Til everything just don’t make sense.

Loving you is illogical.

You drive me to my wit’s end

Laugh crazily at your bad jokes

Makes me mindless with useless worry

You are a menace to my sanity.

Loving you is illegal

Unhealthy and lethal

Detrimental, illogical

Yet I’ve never felt more alive

Than when I started loving you.

3/13/2005 hcec