Thursday, September 17, 2009

Crumbling Fortitude

\Fortitude-a-la-crumble

My head’s pounding

I can’t think straight;

My mind slumbers

Though wide awake.

Heart’s beating erratically

An unpleasant tattoo--

Flinching with pain and grief

Each time I think of you!

It hurts my eye

Yet the sting I could bear--

Than never look at you

It fills me with despair!

You cast a shadow

On my gloomy world--

But shadows I could endure

Than never see you at all.

When will you see me

The same way I do?

When will you glance my way

And feel the same way, too?

I know it’s foolishness

To hope and wish like this--

But bear it , I have to

Until these feelings cease.

Help me to realize

That we just could not fit;

Some things simply just

Just couldn’t, wouldn’t meet!

Keeping reins on what I feel

Gets harder everyday---

You might have noticed such

Though I keep them at bay.

Well, it’s simple enough:

I fell for you, that’s all---

No matter how I suppress it

I just can’t thwart the fall!

Like now, I’m missing you

So much that I could die;

Oh, when can I marshall

Enough courage to say goodbye?

Loving you isn’t wise

Or even remotely right;

But why do I keep on wishing

You’d be here by my side?

My once sensible heart

Has just shattered into bits

When will this agony end…

Oh, Lord, do help me, Please.

-On Cue 2/8/07 Buhi